Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Traffic Generation Cafe Plummets: Google Strikes Again?

google emd update traffic generation cafeIt’s never fun to wake up to a Google algorithm update.


It’s never fun to wake up on Mondays.


It’s never fun to wake up.


On Friday, Google’s Matt Cutts revealed that Google was about to roll out a new algorithm update aimed to “reduce low-quality exact match domains in search results”.


The update is supposed to “affect 0.6% of English-US queries to a noticeable degree” and is unrelated to Panda/Penguin.




Good riddance, we say.


The less junk in the search results, the more room for legitimate quality sites to take their well-earned positions on the first page of Google.


Sites like yours and mine.


Oh wait…


google algo update traffic generation cafe


Yep, that’s the screenshot of my Google organic search traffic as of this morning, October 1.

Which segment does Traffic Generation Café fall under: low-quality site or exact match domain (EMD)?


According to my latest monthly income report, Google organic search traffic made up about 60% of all my traffic.


I also noted in that post:



60% of search engine traffic is too close for comfort, if you ask me.


What happens if Google throws a fit again and I loose all that traffic in a blink of an eye?


My goal is to keep any given traffic source under 40%.


Then a comment from a reader came:


comment on google organic traffic


Yes, you are absolutely right, Marius – our search engine traffic should naturally increase as our blog popularity grows and more and more people link to us.


As a matter of fact, Traffic Generation Café is a living proof of that.


I haven’t done ONE THING to increase my search engine traffic for about 6 months now.


No link building, no keyword research – nothing.


Yet, my SE traffic is still growing by leaps and bounds.


However, the point I am trying to make here is clear (I hope).


Don’t put all your traffic generation eggs in one basket.


They say that for a reason.


To learn where you should start with your traffic generation, make sure to read my latest


Even though the topic of this post makes for a good headline, let me tell you this: I truly don’t care what Google does or doesn’t do.


I KNOW I can manage without it just fine.


This was not the first time they gave me a kick in the rear (I also got affected by Penguin) and not the last time either.


The moral of the story:

Diversify, diversify, diversify.


Diversifying,


 


What's Next?

Discover how to bring YOUR website to life. Get the insider skinny on free traffic generation. Convert more traffic into more sales. 

"When it comes to traffic generation, Ana knows her stuff. She provides actionable information about the latest tips, trends, and technology that can result in getting more visits to your blog or business. Not only does she give great advice, but she puts it to the test and shares the results in a regular income report so you know that her strategies really work if you are willing to put in the effort!"


"Ana has become someone I look to for a unique insight into all kinds of aspects of running an internet business, but especially for updated SEO information. She does the research and testing to back up her claims, so I refer back to her content when I need to see what is fresh and current in the world of generating traffic to your website."


Yaro Starak, Entrepreneurs-Journey.com


I will never share your email address with anyone.

If you like this post and think it would be valuable to your followers, share the ish out of it for me, would you?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment